Promoting Academic Exchange in Public Health: A Transnational Education Model
Ma. Lourdes Domingo-Maglinao, Leilani B. Mercado-Asis
Dec 2021 DOI 10.35460/2546-1621.2020-0060 Access
International collaborative Master in Public Health programs provide students wider opportunities to engage in vital public health related work with specific populations and communities to improve health through awareness, education, policy, and research. A transnational education model to promote academic exchange in public health is hereby showcased with the collaboration of the University of Santo Tomas, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery and the University of Leeds, Nuffield Center for International Health and Development. The program was established through initial institutional visits of each respective staff, faculty capacity building through workshops and symposia, and final agreement on a laddered structure of curriculum. This article describes how this program was established.
Key words: Public health, Transnational Education, USTFMS, MPHI
- Walden University. What is public health and why is it important? [Internet]. Walden University. [cited 2021 Dec 26]. Available from: https://www.waldenu.edu/programs/health/resource/what-is-public-health-and-why-is-it-important
- Bjørn Jensen L, Lukic I, Gulis G. The delivery of health promotion and environmental health services; Public health or primary care settings? Healthcare (Basel) [Internet]. 2018;6(2). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/healthcare6020042
- Mastersportal.com. [cited 2021 Dec 26]. Available from: https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/2730/pros-and-cons-of-mph-degree-jobs-in-2022.html
- MacArthur S. Top 25 MPH in global health programs [Internet]. MPH Online. 2018 [cited 2021 Dec 26]. Available from: https://www.mphonline.org/best-global-health-mph/
- QS Top Universities. Retrieved from: https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/university-santo-tomas
- What is the TEF? Results of the teaching excellence framework 2019 [Internet]. Times Higher Education (THE) - Student. 2019 [cited 2021 Dec 26]. Available from: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/blogs/what-tef-results-teaching-excellence-framework-2019
Articles related to the one you are viewing
There are currently no results to show, please try again later
Open Access This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, which permits use, share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material, as long as you give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. You may not use the material for commercial purposes. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits. The images or other third party material in this article are included in the article’s Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the article’s Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.