- World Health Organization. Global Estimates on Prevalence of Hearing Loss. Mortality and Burden of Diseases and Prevention of Blindness and Deafness. 2012.
- Stevens G, Flaxman S, Brunskill E, Mascarenhas M, Mathers C, Finucane M, et al. Global and regional hearing impairment prevalence: an analysis of 42 studies in 29 countries. European Journal of Public Health. 2011 December 24;23:146–152.
- Yap J, Reyes C, Albert JR, Tabuga A. Philippine Institute for Development Studies. Preliminary results of the survey on PWDs conducted in selected metro manila cities. PIDS Discussion Paper Series. 2009 August;25
- Pirozzo S, Papinczak T, Glasziou P. Whispered voice test for screening for hearing impairment in adults and children: systematic review. BMJ 25 October 2003;327.
- Swan IR, Browning GG. The whispered voice as a screening test for hearing impairment. J R Coll Gen Pract 1985;35:197.
- Macphee GJ, Crowther JA, McAlpine CH. A simple screening test for hearing impairment in elderly patients. Age Ageing 1988;17:347-51.
- Eekhof JA, de Bock GH, de Laat JA, Dap R, Schaapveld K, Springer MP. The whispered voice: the best test for screening for hearing impairment in general practice? Br J Gen Pract 1996;46:473-4.
- Uhlmann RF, Rees TS, Psaty BM, Duckert LG. Validity and reliability of auditory screening tests in demented and non-demented older adults. J Gen Intern Med 1989;4:90-6.
- Groen JJ. Pure tone audiometry and whispered voice test. Conformities and differences in tests results. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 1973;35:65-70.
- Dempster JH, Mackenzie K. Clinical role of free-field voice tests in children. Clin Otolaryngol 1992;17:54-6.
- Prescott CA, Omoding SS, Fermor J, Ogilvy D. An evaluation of the “voice test” as a method for assessing hearing in children with particular reference to the situation in developing countries. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 1999;51:165-70.
- Cardoso, CL, et al. Sensitivity and specificity of portable hearing screening in middle-aged and older adults. Int. Arch. Otorhinolaryngol. 2014;18(1):21-26.
- Fortnum HM, Summerfield AQ, Marshall DH, Davis AC, Bamford JM. Prevalence of permanent childhood hearing impairment in the United Kingdom and implications for universal neonatal hearing screening: questionnaire based ascertainment study. BMJ 2001;323:536-40.
Articles related to the one you are viewing
There are currently no results to show, please try again later
CC BY: Open Access Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The images or other third party material in this article are included in the article’s Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the article’s Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/